The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa

Here are a few reasons why The Immortal Rules is awesome and you should totally read it!

1. Characters. For me, characters are very important. And in the Immortal Rules, these characters are complex. Allison Sekemoto is such an awesome protagonist. She's a fighter, but she has a soft side.

2. Setting. My God, this world of vampires that Julie Kagawa created was amazing. It was dark and intense and scary (word of advice: don't read this right before you go to bed. Otherwise, you will be sweating over every single noise you hear). But most importantly it made sense and was well-thought out. I would have liked to learn more about the Red Lung virus, but I'm sure it will be explained in the sequels

3. Story. It's really interesting. I don't wanna spoil anything, but I will say this: there are a few surprises and the book ends on a HUGE cliffhanger that left me dying to read the next sequel.

So, The Immortal Rules sounds pretty great right? It is. Go read it. But you might be thinking, Why not five stars? I don't know, to be honest. I'm just stingy with my five star ratings.