SPOILER ALERT!
Rhymes with Witches - Lauren Myracle

Gawd, I wanted to love this book. I really did. But I just couldn't.

For starters, I hated Jane. I hated Alicia. I hated pretty much everyone in this book. Even the cats.

Speaking of the cats, another reason I couldn't bring myself to give this more stars was a lot of things (such as: Lurl the Pearl's background, why the popular girls did these rituals, what spirits gave them this power, and not to mention WHY THE HELL ARE THERE A BUNCH A CATS RUNNING AROUND A HIGH SCHOOL?!) were unexplained. One of my pet peeves is when I finish a book and I have SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. I need answers!!!

WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH THAT ENDING?! No explanation of why a certain character *cough* Camilla *cough* did certain things. What happened to Jane? To everyone else? It ends on a total cliffhanger, and I do not think there is a sequel (correct me if I'm wrong. Please). Not to mention THERE IS INSTA-LOVE. The "romance" (if you can even call it that), with Jane and Phil just DOESN'T work, as Jane spends most of her time treating him like utter shit. And he still worships the ground she walks on. WHY?

The title has nothing to do with the story. I don't get it.

However, there is one redeeming point. This book paints a very realistic picture of high school, and how some kids just CARE so much about popularity, and how it can be like hell for some. I just started high school, and I really relate to the high school portrayed in this book. Plus, the school in this book has the same colors as my school. Creepy.

But overall, I just cannot recommend this book.