These Broken Stars - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner

These Broken Stars is definitely not going to appeal to everyone. But I, for the most part, really enjoyed it.

Things I liked:
•Tarver. He was my favorite character, because *swoons* he's awesome. He's smart and funny and he respects Lilac. He's just such a great guy. You'll have to read it to see for yourself.
•No insta-love! Lilac and Tarver's relationship slowly builds up. At first they don't really like each other, then they slow grow to like and then love each other. Yay! No insta-love!
•The story. You know, parts of it were boring, as the majority of it is spent wandering around in the wilderness of a strange planet. But the beginning certainly was interesting, and I liked how the story unfolded

Unfortunately, These Broken Stars wasn't perfect.
Things I didn't like:
•I didn't particularly like Lilac. She was whiny at first, but she did grow out of it. In the end, she was bearable, but I just could not connect with her character. I like Tarver far more.
•There's no explanation of how this futuristic world came to be. What year is this supposed to take place in? When did we (humanity) start living on other planets? Did we contact any other species other than human? The author never really answers any of these questions. But at least I could picture the setting. That's good.

I really enjoyed These Broken Stars, and recommend it. Three stars.