Bloodlines

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead I was pleasantly surprised by Bloodlines. I wasn't expecting to like it so much.

This was a really good book. I think Sydney is a relatable and well-developed protagonist. She's smart, responsible and I really like her. I also liked the other characters too. None of them seemed bland or one dimensional. They all had distinct personalities and I appreciated that.

I also liked the story. So much was going on, it was never really dull or boring. There was the main plot- protecting Jill from Moroi rebels. And there were some sub-plots that made the story more interesting. Most of it wrapped up well in the end, but a few things were left unsaid, as this is the first book in a series.

The world of Vampires- Moroi, Strigoi and dhampirs- was really cool. Even though I have not read the Vampire Academy series, I caught on pretty quickly. It's pretty easy to understand.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. A lot more than I expected to. I am definitely going to read The Golden Lily.