The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating

The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating - Elisabeth Tova Bailey Call me weird, but I have a fascination with snails. They are really cool, in my opinion. So, I actually only bought it on my kindle because of the snail. But it is a lot more than a story about a snail. This memoir, written by Elisabeth Tova Bailey, tells how she went to Europe for a vacation and fell ill with a mysterious disease. She could hardly move and was bedridden. A friend gave her a snail as a pet and Elisabeth observed the snail's everyday life. It helped her get by, and she came to think of it as a friend. Years later, once she recovered, she did some research on snails and wrote this memoir.

This is a powerful and moving memoir about illness. It is the story of a woman who made the slow, painful transition to recovery with the help of a small snail and its resilience. It also provided some interesting information about snails that I did not know previously, as well as some facts about what exactly she became ill with.

Needless to say, I really loved this book. It is one of my favorites.