Fighting God: An Atheist Manifesto for a Religious World - David Silverman, Cara Santa Maria

Where do I start with this amazing book? This book, like I said in my status update, is my everything. I fucking loved it. It basically summed up every single reason why I am an atheist, and it does so much more eloquently than I ever could.

I have a very low stamina and find it hard to focus. That's why I barely read nonfiction, because usually the writing and/or subject matter makes it too dense and I can't finish it. This is so NOT the case for Fighting God. It is well-written and intelligent, but it's also written in a way that isn't boring.

I need to make something very clear: Criticisms of religious ideas and religious people are not the same thing. There is a huge difference between being disapproving of religion as an institution and being disrespectful of religious people. Fighting God, like everything other atheist work I have been exposed to, falls in the former category. Much like how feminism is about dismantling the patriarchy and not hating men, or how racial justice is about fighting white supremacy not white people. Are we clear? Good.

I think that no matter wha your religious beliefs (atheist, agnostic, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, etc.) you should read this book. Even if you don't agree with it, it's very thought provoking and interesting. And if you do agree with it (as I did), then you will just love to hear someone talking sense.