The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater

What do you get when you mix psychics, some Welsh mythology, one awesome girl, 4 awesome guys, magic, action, friendship, and hints of romance? You get The Raven Boys.

I don't even know what I can say about this that hasn't been said already, because I feel like everyone has already read and reviewed this. But nonetheless, I shall try.

Firstly, a caveat. The plot can be confusing as hell, that's for sure. Despite that, there's enough action and magic and intrigue to keep the story interesting.

This book's main strength is its characters. I really like Blue, she's smart and a little sassy and strange and just so cool. I also like her family full of psychic women, their powers/skills are really interesting, plus girl power! Calla is hella cool and Persephone is kind of adorable..? Adam's alright, but can be a little annoying. Ronan's so...how do I explain this? You know those characters whom you should dislike but just can't because their anger is because of pain and you just feel sorry for them? Ronan is that character. Noah is just adorable. And you know who Gansey reminds me of? Tamaki Suoh. He's rich and can be a little unaware of how privileged he is, but he also is a kind soul and cares very deeply for his friends. So, a little irritating but otherwise lovable.

That was a long rambling paragraph, but what I'm trying to say is that this book has really interesting characters and that is the main strength of Raven Boys.

Also, I like the writing. :)

Tl;dr version- overall this was enjoyable and I recommend it. Fucking awesome characters and a cool if sometimes confusing plot. Only three stars though, in case the sequels are better.