Willful Machines - Tim Floreen

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that. This book, I admit it, it surprised me. I wasn't expecting to care about Nico and Lee so much. I wasn't expecting all the twists. I wasn't expecting to reexamine my thoughts on the rights of machines/robots.

I wasn't expecting Willful Machines to be so good. But it was. What a pleasant surprise.

Omg, Nico and Lee are the cutest couple ever. It can get a little insta-lovey, but overall I thought it was cute and sweet.

Let's talk about characters: Lee annoyed me sometimes, I'll admit it. Like when he snapped at Bex, or he yelled at Trumbull. But despite that I still care about him. And Nico! Nico is so cute!! I just want to give him a big hug.

This book made me cry. Which means it was a good book. Now, I like my HEAs. But I can live with sadness as well, and I love it when a book makes me cry.

I really enjoyed Willful Machines. Yet despite that...There's still a few flaws with this book.

First of all, the tension between Lee and his dad is never resolved. Does Lee's dad accept him or not? I want to know! Considering fear of his dad's reaction is the main reason why Lee doesn't come out, the fact that once his dad finds out it is never addressed annoyed me.

Secondly, the ending is hella abrupt. I don't mind open endings, but this just ended so abruptly. I would like just a little bit of closure, please.

Also, Nico! Nico, my poor baby *sobs*. No spoilers, but if you've read the book you know what I'm talking about.

Tl;dr version- there were a few flaws, but despite that I still really enjoyed it