Clean - Mia Kerick

I received a free ebook copy in exchange for an honest review.

When I first started Clean, my expectations weren't too high. And I thought the beginning was a little unimpressive. But holy shit, it got better and better as the story progressed. It was so worth the read.

This is a super slow burn romance, and that's what makes it so beautiful. At first, Lanny and Trevor are just fooling around, but they slowly become friends and later that blooms into love. ZOMG, THE FEELS. Oh, the feels *squeals like a fangirl*. This was a super sweet love story.

The romance isn't the only part of the story, though. I appreciate how Lanny's struggle with addiction wasn't glossed over or used for drama. It was handled with tact and care by the author. And I also thought it was really inspiring how Lanny was able to overcome that, with the support of his family and friends.

I'm not sure how I feel about the subplot of Trevor's abuse. It wasn't used as a shock tactic at all, and I am relieved about that, but I have a small feeling maybe that storyline wasn't as developed as it could have been.

Tl;dr version- Other than a few small things ^^, I really enjoyed this and I highly recommend it. It's a really sweet story.