Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli

This was really enjoyable! Not exactly amazing, but definitely worth the read.

This book is cute. Especially at the end, I was like: FEELS. FEELS. FEELS. God, this was so fucking cute my heart might explode from the feels. This is cute. Sure, there are a couple interesting points raised about acceptance and the status quo and stuff, but for the most part it is light and cute and UGH I CAN'T STOP GRINNING. Literally I was fangirl-squealing so hard after finishing this.

Of course, I need to talk about the characters. So, Simon *grins like a maniac*. He is adorable and funny and a little nerdy and super likable. If he was real, I would be honored to be his friend, I shit you not. Also, Blue. I kept trying to guess who Blue was, but I was not even close. Which was good. Very surprising. Blue is likable, but sometimes I was mildly annoyed with him, but mostly I thought he was cute. The reveal of his identity = FEELS. I like Abby a lot, she's a good friend. She's trustworthy and really sweet. Leah got on my nerves sometimes. Okay, she got on my nerves a lot. She's really whiny and always complaining about something and when she gets angry she just storms off and doesn't try and solve the issue. She's immature, that's what it is. Oh, and Martin. He was an ass. I'm glad he apologized though. Everyone else was just kinda...there, I guess. Not good, not bad, just meh.

My only complaint is that there's not enough kissing *pouts*. Super minor detail, but I just wish there was more of that.

Tl;dr version- LOTS OF FEELS + super likable narrator + cute romance = Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. I know I only gave it three stars, but it's really worth the read. I really recommend it.