Collide (Blackcreek Series) - Riley Hart

I don't even know what to say about Collide. I was so excited for this, and I just feel so fucking disappointed. It certainly wasn't bad, but I just didn't love it. It's an okay book.

I have to reiterate: it wasn't bad at all. The romance really was sweet, and I love that Noah and Cooper were friends first. Although...they were friends as kids, but then didn't see each other for about 17 years (I think). I feel like they became close again really fast considering they hadn't seen each other for so long. But whatever. The romance was still sweet.

I don't have much to say about the characters, and tbh I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. They were bland, but not unlikable. Except for Vernon. God, was that guy an asshole. I fucking hate him with all my soul. Cooper says a lot in his narration that he was "a good man", but I thought he was a fucking jerk. Go to hell, Vernon. Go to hell. (I can't explain why he's a jerk without spoiling things, but if you've read the book you probably get what I'm talking about)

So, there are a lot of sex scenes. A lot. At some point, I began skimming them because they got old. That's never a good thing. Ever.

Tl;dr version: Although Collide wasn't unenjoyable, it was kind of a disappointment considering I was expecting to absolutely love it. I'd say pass on this one, as there are so many better m/m romances out there.

My recommendations for excellent m/m romance:

Fever Pitch by Heidi Cullinan

Lonely Hearts by Heidi Cullinan

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

Gives Light by Rose Christo