Death Without Company - Craig Johnson

Last summer, I read The Cold Dish (the first book in this series) and really liked it. So I was really disappointed with Death Without Company. In fact, this is the first book I have actually disliked in a long time.

I did a lot of skim reading. I was bored. Reading this felt like a chore. It took me a year to read it. And that's not a good sign. At the end of it all, I just didn't care. I found that the mystery wasn't interesting enough to me.

Another thing that really bugs me is that the author's writing can be really confusing at times. He has a really annoying habit of writing "he said" without saying WHO "He" is. And since there are so many male characters, it's hard to keep track of who is saying what.

I think the problem is that I'm not the intended age group, as this is an adult mystery series and I'm a teenager. But, I absolutely adore the TV show Longmire, which is based off of this books, so I wanted to try the books out. And I did enjoy the first book. Death Without Company was so disappointing. But, I'm still going to give the next books a try.