Unravel - Calia Read

Recently, I started reading New Adult. I started with two; Easy by Tammara Webber and this book. While Easy was unimpressive, I think Unravel was a great novel.

Unravel is fascinating, because we have a mentally unstable narrator. Naomi is in the psychiatric ward. She is in love with a man named Max, but her doctors believe he doesn't exist outside of Naomi's mind. The story alternates between Naomi's life before entering Fairfax Mental Institution and her life during her stay there. Throughout the whole story, you never know whether Naomi's story is real or all in her head. That really interested me.

Also, I really liked Naomi. Her voice is so raw and honest, and I really felt bad for the situation she was in. And I like both Max and Lachlan (the love interests). It is rare when I don't mind a love triangle, but this one was done well. Both love interests were sweet and sexy.

The ending was really surprising. I had a theory about what would happen, but I was shocked to find out that I was right! It was a real surprise and I thought it was a good ending.

Overall, I thought this was a great novel. It had romance, mystery and great characters. I totally recommend it.