Cress - Marissa Meyer

Cress has restored my faith in the Lunar Chronicles. After Scarlet, I was very disappointed but this was an excellent addition to the series.

So, in order to be good, a novel must have amazing characters. And Cress has some great ones. Although Cinder will always be my favorite heroine, I actually liked Cress. She's really a sweet girl and perhaps a tad naive, but nonetheless very likable. She also balances out Cinder. Cinder is a badass and tough girl, but Cress is more sweet and gentle. Both characters are awesome. And holy crap, I ship Thorne and Cress so much. Do they have a ship name? TELL ME IF THEY DO. Well, in any case, I love their relationship and definitely no insta-love here! In fact...I think Cress and Thorne are the only two characters I actually really like as a couple.

The action is back! TBH, I was super bored when reading Scarlet, because the main action in that book was focusing on Scarlet finding her grandmother. But now, the focus is back on defeating Queen Levana. There was never a dull moment reading this. The plot was well paced and I never lost interest.

Overall, I am super happy with how Cress turned out. I need Winter. But it's not being published until November! NOOOOOOOO!!!!