Bad Magic - Pseudonymous Bosch

Before reading: GUYS I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I just got a copy of Bad Magic as a Christmas present (I get to open one present on Christmas Eve) and I AM SO HAPPY!!!! I loved the Secret Series also by Pseudonymous Bosch and cannot wait to start reading this new book! Fingers crossed I love it (pretty sure I will :)

Happy Holidays, everybody!!

After reading:

Well. Definitely not as good as The Secret Series (of course, that's a hard series to beat), but still enjoyable nonetheless.

I did like Clay, not as much as Cass or Max-Ernest, but he was nice. And funny sometimes. I liked the camaraderie between the other boys at Earth Ranch and Clay. The ending was quite surprising (in a good way) and I liked that most everything was solved but there are still a few loose ends leaving material for the rest of the series. And of course, Pseudonymous Bosch's writing is as good as ever. I liked that this time, most of his authorial interruptions were in the footnotes, not the actual story,

But one thing I did not like: I feel like all Bad Magic did was set the stage for the rest of the series and I was left feeling inexplicably disappointed.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read and I NEED THE SEQUEL RIGHT NOW!!!